March 12, 2015

"I'm a Peacock. You Gotta Let Me Fly!"

Hi Beauties!


I spread my feathers and stepped out of my comfort zone a bit, resulting in my "peacock" post! I put together a look that could easily be worn to work but has a flair to it that will get any plus size fashionista out of a rut.

So when I originally saw this feather sweater on Chastity (pictured left) of Garner Style I knew I had to have it! I had no idea what my intentions would be, but it HAD to be mine. Ha! Luckily for me Ashley Stewart was having an amazing after Christmas sale and I scored this little number for under $30.00!



I am a Center Director of a Child Development Center, think Principal for younger children, and I love my job. Like most places in corporate America the dress code for me is a strict "business casual". Meaning covered up, professional looking, and structured. I totally understand why and I agree with the policy. But I'd be lying if I said it doesn't pose its own set of challenges. Us Plus sized ladies already have limited designers, limited places to shop, and limited choices on what we wear the majority of the week.  There are only but so many blazer/scarf combo's one can do before even that sleek look get mundane. Price is another factor. For a plus size Fashionista like myself who cringes at the thought of buying clothing that is expensive, the reality is dress clothes in the plus world are still fairly high. But I put together my own, little, under $50 solution!



This amazingly fun sweater is from Ashley Stewart and now on sale for $16!
I paired that with a printed pant from H&M. Uber comfy yet fit amazing! I purchased mine at my local store but online they had a great alternative found here.
Shoes are Shoe Dazzle from about 2 years ago, alternative found here.


As I do understand this look may not be an everyday choice it will definitely spice things up once and a while.Great solution for a "jean or casual day" as well.  Another thing I love about these two main pieces is that separately they can be toned down. Throw this blouse on with a pair of black dress pants or the pant with a solid white blazer and you have 2 new looks!



I pulled my hair back so that the feather shoulder detail would be the star. Paired that with a bold lip but kept the eye makeup minimal. I love how this look turned out! What do you think? Will you be the next "peacock"?


Until Next Time.....
Bye Beauties xoxo




You may be wondering where the title of this post comes from because obviously peacocks don't fly. Well when Mark Whalberg yelled it in The Other Guys I KNEW that quote would forever be in my Rolodex of quotes! LOL! Feel free to check out the short clip. Beware the clip is NSFW.


No comments:

Post a Comment